Funded Post-Doctoral Position in Montreal:
Deep Learning in Biological / Medical Image Analysis
Applications are invited for a funded post-doctoral position in deep learning for biological / medical image analysis. The candidate will work under the supervision of Prof. Luke McCaffrey at McGill University’s Rosalind & Morris Goodman Cancer Research Centre, and of Profs. Eric Granger and Ismail Ben Ayed at the Laboratory of imaging, vision and artificial intelligence (LIVIA), ETS Montreal (University of Québec). The position is available as of June 2018 for a duration of 2 years.
We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow who is interested in performing cutting-edge research in machine learning algorithms applied to the detection of breast cancer tumors based on pathology and biomarker analysis, with a particular focus on deep learning (e.g, convolutional and recurrent neural network) architectures, transfer and weakly-supervised learning. Prospective applicants should have:
- strong academic record with an excellent Ph.D. degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or electrical engineering, preferably with expertise in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, biological/medical image analysis, artificial intelligence, computer vision;
- a good mathematical background;
- good programming skills in languages such as C, C++, Python and/or MATLAB; knowledge of deep learning frameworks would be a plus.
- publication in one of the major conferences or journals in computer vision and machine learning.
- Experience/knowledge in biology would be an asset
Application process: For consideration, please send your CV, research statement, names and contact details of two references, transcripts, a link to a Ph.D. thesis, as well as relevant publications to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday, June 1, 2018
Eric Granger & Ismail Ben Ayed