The Indonesian government realizes that higher education could compose a more constructive role in helping such a country to achieve a long-term socio-economic goal as it has a clear and practical impact on society. We are convinced that it can promote responsible citizens, ethical behavior, educational ambition, professional development in a broad range of fields, and even cross border engagement. And as part of our commitment to help our international society surviving the global social and economic challenges, sharing our experience and resources in nurturing highly skilled and educated society has become our primary approach to contribute in the human resources development in our neighboring developing countries. The developing countries certainly need leaders, well-mannered society, educated citizens, and skilled workers for their industry, government, and academia. In this respect, the KNB scholarship offered by the Indonesian government provides the opportunity for potential students in developing countries to develop their knowledge and competencies that will subsequently enhance their chances to fulfill those roles back in their home countries. The KNB scholarship opens the opportunity to experience life in the culturally most diverse nation in the world while studying and earning a master degree.
The scholarship is offered to potential students from developing countries to earn their Master Degree at one of 16 prominent universities in Indonesia. Between 2009 – 2017 periods, we have been awarding 992 scholarships to students coming from 71 developing countries around the world.
The Program Objectives:
- To contribute in the human resource development in the developing countries
- To promote deeper cultural understanding among developing countries
- To strengthen the relationship and cooperation among developing countries
- The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old
- Applicant must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply)
- Applicant must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent
- Applicants must complete the on-line application form
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management
- Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website)
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter
- Complete the online application process
- Selection process
- Selection Results Announcement. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia)
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English)
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.