The vacancy concerns a one year position as researcher on a project “Public policies, wage formation and business investment in R&D at the sectoral level”. The project is follow-up research to earlier work at the aggregate level of OECD countries by Buyse, Heylen and Schoonackers (2016), “On the role of public policies and wage formation for private investment in R&D: A long-run panel analysis’, Working Paper, National Bank of Belgium, N°292.
- Execution of the research project, in collaboration with the supervisors (review of literature, data collection, empirical model specification, econometric analysis, writing of a paper).
- Limited assistance in education related tasks in the department, in particular for the macroeconomics courses
- Students with very good grades in their bachelor and (especially) master years may prepare an application for a 4-year research mandate (e.g. FWO, BOF)
Profile of the candidate
- You hold a master degree in economics, or a closely related field. A complementary advanced or research master degree in economics is an advantage. You obtained very good study results in macroeconomics and econometrics.
- You are strongly interested in doing macro-econometric research and see the value-added of a year of experience in an academic environment.
- You work in a pleasant work environment, and can develop high-level academic skills which are also valued outside university
- Your appointment will start on 1 September 2018 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to standard salary scales.
How to apply
- Send your CV and a letter of motivation to prof. F. Heylen (Freddy.Heylen@UGent.be), not later than May 25
- More information: Freddy.Heylen@UGent.be
- After the first screening, the most promising candidates will be invited for an interview.