The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
We are seeking an interactive and self-motivated bioinformatician/computational biologist to join a team of cell and molecular biologists working on brain pathophysiology and contribute to the existing bioinformatics core embedded in the laboratory. The projects will focus on interrogating and integrating existing and new genetic and epigenetic datasets generated from genetically engineered mouse models as well as primary human samples. This programme of work is based on published/unpublished work from the team.
This work will be conducted by Professor Paolo Salomoni whose research interest is nuclear function in regulation of cell fate in normal brain and CNS disease. One of the main research interests of the lab is in chromatin homeostasis and its alterations in the context of aging and age-associated conditions.
Expertise in applied bioinformatics/computational biology is required and knowledge of statistics would be an advantage. A PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related subject is also essential. Specifically, previous experience in analysis of chromatin immunoprecipitation-sequencing, RNA-sequencing (skills in single cell NGS analysis would be advantageous), ATAC-sequencing is critical.
- The successful candidate will be integrated into the bioinformatics environment at DZNE and will benefit from interactions with other institutes in Bonn (e.g. LIMES) and abroad (e.g. University College London).
- The post is based within the recently opened DZNE Research Facilities at Bonn Venusberg.
- A strong mentoring programme for career development is provided.
- The position is initially available for 2 years
- Employment, payment, and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TvöD Bund)
Herr Prof. Paolo Salomoni
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.