For the Institute of Lungbiology “Cellular Therapeutics in Chronic Lung Disease” at Yuval Rinkevich’s lab one Postdoctoral position is available for a motivated individual wishing to identify fundamental cellular and molecular principles of tissue/organ regeneration, and develop a knowledge basis for therapeutic strategies in clinical use.
Our lab explores how tissues/organs regenerate following injury and at multiple levels of biological organization, from the level of whole organisms to the level of single cells. We employ state-of-the-art mouse genetics, multicolor ‘Rainbow’ and Tetrachimera mouse models, surgery models in rodents, flow cytometry, cell and molecular biology approaches to pursue our diverse questions on how tissues/organs regenerate in nature, and what underlies the basis for the diversities of regeneration outcomes between different developmental stages, different organs, and taxon groups. Our work therefore carries both basic, clinical and evolutionary implications.
The Institute of Lungbiology is looking for aPostdoctoral Position (f/m/diverse) in Stemcells, Regenerative Biology and Medicine 2018/0592
- State-of-the-art mouse genetics
- Multicolor, Rainbow and Tetrachimera mouse models
- Surgery models in rodents Flow cytometry
- Cell and molecular biology approaches to pursue our diverse questions on how tissues/organs regenerate in nature, and what underlies the basis for the diversities of regeneration outcomes between different developmental stages, different organs, and taxon groups
- Candidates should ideally have a background (Ph.D) in either cell/molecular biology, immunology, virology, stem cell biology, or developmental biology, and be trained in standard techniques of molecular biology and cell biology
- Working in an innovative, well- equipped and scientifically stimulating surrounding
- Further training opportunities
- Initial short-term employment contract until November 14, 2020 with a standard public service salary (TV EntgO Bund)
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
The Helmholtz Zentrum München as holder of the Bavarian Advancement of Women Prize and of the Total E-Quality Certificate is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application including:
- An updated CV and contact information (email, address, telephone number)
- Short summaries of your research interests and major accomplishments
- Names and contact information (email, address, and telephone number) of three references
Telefon: 089 3187-43060
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Institute of Lung Biology