Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences is seeking applicants for a postdoctoral associate position, with a focus on poultry welfare. This position is available starting summer or fall 2019 and is renewable for up to two years (i.e. 3 years duration in total) depending on performance and availability of funds. The candidate would join Dr. Jacobs’ lab with a research focus on poultry welfare. The primary duties of the position will consist of research in poultry welfare, writing peer-reviewed publications, writing and submitting grant proposals, and presenting research findings to a wider community both regionally and internationally. Additional duties may include teaching and extension responsibilities. Teaching may involve undergraduate courses related to the field, and supervision of graduate students. Extension responsibilities may include writing of educational material, collaborating with industry partners, and interacting with youth. The candidate is expected to be able to work independently, demonstrate critical, scientific thinking, excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
|Ph.D. in Animal Science or related field with demonstrated experience in animal welfare and poultry-related research.|
Qualified applicants must electronically submit online application, cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and list of 3 professional references to jobs.vt.edu. Apply to posting #SR0190041. Applicant screening will continue until the position is filled. Virginia Tech is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.
Virginia Tech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):(Open Ended Question)
- How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education – online
- Chronicle of Higher Education – print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium – HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper – print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission – VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other – Not listed (please describe below)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References