The Department of Anatomy is one of the largest and longest-established departments at the University of Otago. Our staff teach and research a diverse range of exciting topics in the field of biomedical sciences, including neuroscience.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading (as Research Fellow) or contributing to the leadership of (as Postdoctoral Fellow) projects investigating electrophysiological changes following brain injury, stroke and in response to drug addiction.
Duties will include:
• Planning and conducting experiments to support the research programme.
• Patch-clamp electrophysiology.
• Statistical analysis of data.
• Supervision and training of students.
• Dissemination of research findings.
• Preparation of grant applications and pursuing funding opportunities.
• Progress reports to the funding organisation(s).
Your Skills and Experience
• PhD in a relevant neuroscience field.
• Extensive experience with performing patch clamp electrophysiological recordings from brain slices.
• Evidence of peer-reviewed publications within the field of neuroscience.
• For Research Fellow: at least 3 years postdoctoral experience.
• For Research Fellow: evidence of successful grant writing.
This is a full-time fixed-term position for 16 months. The position is available for immediate start.
For further information please contact Dr Andrew Clarkson, Department of Anatomy, via the contact details below.
Depending on skills and experience this position will be appointed as either a Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Fellow.
The salary rate for a Postdoctoral Fellow is $75,896.
The appointment range for a Research Fellow is $78,445 to $93,821
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter) please click the apply button below. Applications quoting reference number 1801900 will close on Sunday, 31 March 2019.Additional Information
Contact: Dr Andrew Clarkson Tel: +64 3 479 7326
Position details: Information Statement
Guidelines for Academic Positions: Guidelines
Further Information: Department Website
Create an email with a link to this vacancy: Create email
Location: About Dunedin
Immigration: Immigration and Visas
Fixed Term Full-timeSalary Level and Range Please see information above