The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development is proud to launch the fifth round of the fully funded Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program for candidates seeking the degree of Masters of Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
- Egyptian national
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative)
- Demonstrate inability to finance studies from own resources
- While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet-based, minimum 22 on each section) on the TOEFL, or 7 for the IELTS.
- A valid Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required. No specific score is required, however, Fall 2015 admitted students tested within average GRE Verbal Reasoning Percentile: 68% and average GRE Quantitative Reasoning Percentile: 54%
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years
Thursday, October 17 2019 at 5pm Cairo time.
The scholarship will cover full tuition, living expenses, travel and health insurance
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- GRE score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.