BioAtlantis Ltd. is a biotechnology company, specialising in the development and production of bioactives for the plant, animal, and human markets. The company is recruiting a talented chemist who will work on the extraction, purification and analysis of complex, natural-based products, spanning R&D and QC departments. The position is located in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
- Develop extraction and purification procedures for natural products at lab scale.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on raw materials using laboratory analytical technique and experimentation.
- Make stable and efficient formulations to meet desired specifications and cost objectives in plant bioscience and animal feed area.
- Conduct stability testing and record results.
- Conduct literature search, review publications and prepare reports.
- Manage daily laboratory operations and schedules.
- Monitor equipment operations, calibrations and maintain cleanliness in the laboratory.
- Follow industry standards on scientific significance, accuracy, safety and record keeping.
Qualifications & experience
- 3-5 years of experience in natural products extraction, purification & isolation of active compounds.
- MSc, or PhD in chemistry, pharmacy, or related discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of wet chemistry techniques and instrumentational analysis /interpretation is required.
- Experience in formulation of food ingredients for animal or human health will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience with proteins, polysaccharides and other natural products is desired.
- Aptitude for practical chemistry.
- Precision and accuracy when undertaking analysis.
- Disciplined, organised and focused, with excellent problem solving skills.
The position is located in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland. Salary is negotiable. Please send a concise cover letter and clear CV to email@example.com by the 25th February, 2020.