Provides fully-funded master’s degree grants for university graduates to study in the U.S. for a maximum of two years.
- All fields are eligible.
- Students applying in medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing, psychological counseling and dentistry fields should be aware that their programs cannot include clinical studies.
- Egyptian citizenship. Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt throughout the application, selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of “Good” for applicants in the humanities and social sciences. Minimum of “Very Good” for applicants in the sciences.
- Proof of English Language proficiency from any of the approved test centers below. Applicants must submit a valid score report for only one of the following tests:
- TOEFL ITP – minimum required score of 550
- TOEFL iBT – minimum required scores of 80
- Academic or General IELTS – minimum overall score of 6.5 (no required score for each section)
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
Required Documents: (All documents must be submitted online by no later than June 1, 2020. Please carefully read the Application Guidelines accessible here)
- Online Application
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Minimum TOEFL ITP of 550 or its equivalent iBT (80), or IELTS (6.5) from any of the centers in the table above
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
Important: The Fulbright Egyptian Student Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of Fulbrighters and may result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Travel allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- University tuition
- Other allowances