1 1 1
The Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science is a formally independent non-governmental and non-profit association of German research institutes founded in 1911
The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses in Aging-Associated Diseases (CECAD), the University Hospital Cologne, the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing and the Max Planck Institute for Metabolism Research. Cologne has emerged as a leading global research cluster with a stellar constellation of institutes and scientists dedicated to ageing research in Life Sciences. We offer up to 6 Master Fellowships to highly motivated and talented students holding a B.Sc. degree in Biology or a related subject. The Master fellowship programme is embedded in a cutting-edge research environment and will start on October 1, 2021. Admission to the structured and well established Biological Sciences Master programme of the University of Cologne is a premise of receiving a Master fellowship. Master fellowships are 800 €/ month and will be awarded for a maximum duration of 1.5 years and until the start of the Master thesis project.
- An outstanding international research environment at one of the most prestigious ageing research cluster in Europe
- Close contact to our principle investigators and research groups of the above mentioned institutes
- Possibility to apply to the Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research for structured PhD studies
- Excellent infrastructure for training and research by internationally recognized scientists in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
- Support and guidance for international students in all administrative matter
We are looking for
- Highly qualified students holding a B.Sc. degree in Biology or a related subject that are motivated to explore the field of ageing research at an early career stage
- Outstanding 1st year students of the Biological Sciences Master Programme of the University of Cologne that are eager to work in the field of ageing research
- Application deadline: July 15, 2021
- Online application portal
- Application to the Biological Sciences Master Programme of the University of Cologne is premise and an independent step. Their application deadline for international candidates is May 31, 2021! It is conducted through the webpage of the University of Cologne.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The associated institutes are committed to diversity, diversity of perspectives and equal opportunity. Applications from people with a disability and their peers are especially welcome. People with a disability are preferred if equally qualified. Applications from women are encouraged.