Project: TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION AND TRANSCRIPTIONAL DEPENDENCIES IN CANCER
Commitment & contract: 2 YEARS (RENEWABLE), CO.CO.CO.
Location: Center for Genomic Science, CGS@IIT, Milan, Italy
WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centres around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You’d be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group, where biologists, biotechnologists, computational scientists, Information technology engineers, physicists and chemists collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out common research.
The Genomic Science Research line is coordinated by Dr. Francesco Nicassio and the ideal candidate will work within the Cancer Biology Unit led by Dr. Stefano Campaner.
Dr. Campaner has a long-standing interest in understanding the molecular mechanisms of transformation induced by oncogenic transcription factors, such as Myc and the Hippo pathway co-activators YAP and TAZ. The selected candidate will join the characterization of a number of novel YAP/TAZ regulators that we recently identified by a loss of function genetic screen (unpublished), with the aim of addressing their relevance in cancer stem cells regulation, chemo-resistance and metastasis in Breast Cancer models. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in at least one of the following topics (i) understanding upstream regulatory mechanisms; (ii) the dissection of transcriptional and epigenetic networks (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, single-cells RNA-seq), both in-vitro and in-vivo and (iii) use of CRISPR/CAS9 based genome editing for in-vitro and in-vivo studies (iv) mechanistic investigation of transcription induced replicative stress. The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in basic molecular biology techniques, cell culture and basic biochemistry. Previous experience in working with animal models, organoids, in Next Generation Sequencing techniques or bioinformatics will be a plus.
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Work independently as well as participate in an interactive, team-oriented project management
- Be proactive in hypothesis building and feasibility assessments
- Troubleshoot and Implement solutions
This open position/research is financed by AIRC (Italian association for Cancer Research) within the Investigator Grant Founding Scheme.
- A PhD in life Science, Biophysics or Computational Biology and similar disciplines
- Documented experience in at least one of the following areas: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Protein Biochemistry, Breast Cancer Models or Genomics.
- A strong publication record
- The ability to properly report, organize and publish research data
- Documented experience in coaching junior scientists
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Experience on Signal transduction analysis, Transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms, DNA damage response and replicative stress.
- Knowledge of R, C/C++, phyton programming languages
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Spirit of innovation and creativity
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary package for international standards
- Private health care coverage
- Wide range of staff discounts
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?
- An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
- We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
- If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation!
- If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
- If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
- We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
Please submit your application using the online form and including a detailed CV, university transcripts, cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications) and contact details of 2 references.
Application’s deadline: 31 October 2021
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Aug 18, 2021, 11:46:08 AM