We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious postdoctoral research fellow to design advanced control for industrial collaborative robots and human-robot interfaces.
The selected candidate will join an interdisciplinary team at the Intellimech-IIT joint lab (JOiiNT LAB), which has the objective of strengthen the IIT technology transfer mission, bridging research activities and industrial needs. JOiiNT LAB core activities are in the field of mechatronics, collaborative robotics, wearable and immersive tele-presence systems for inspection and maintenance. The JOiiNT LAB is located in the heart of Kilometro Rosso Innovation District in Bergamo.
Research Lines involved:
Soft Robotics for Human Cooperation and Rehabilitation (Manuel Catalano)
Humanoid and Human Centered Mechatronics (Nikos Tsagarakis)
Human Robot Interfaces and Physical Interaction (Arash Ajoudani)
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development and implementation of novel algorithms to enable a robust and intelligent control of soft collaborative mobile robots. The position includes theoretical and hands-on research, supervision of PhD and MSc students, preparation of grants and support of the general activities of the lab. The candidates must be capable to collaborate with a large and multidisciplinary team.
Requirements: the successful applicant holds a PhD degree in Robotics or a closely related field and is expected to have:
- Excellent publication record in the area of control, with focus on collaborative and mobile robots, researchers with humanoids control background are encouraged to apply.
- Experience preferred in the following fields:
- Collaborative robots and physical human-robot interaction.
- Robotic manipulation, tactile sensing, and grasping.
- Mobile robots for industrial logistics.
- Computer vision and multisensory perception.
- Strong experience and knowledge of programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, Matlab).
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Confidence with version control tools (e.g. git).
- Strong written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Independent personality, strong team player.
The salary will depend on qualifications and experience and will include additional health benefits.
Workplace: Bergamo, JOIINT LAB /Genova, IIT.
The activities will be carried out across Genoa IIT headquarters and the JOiiNT LAB spaces at Kilometro Rosso Innovation District in Bergamo. Specifically, the successful candidate is expected to work for the first period in IIT headquarters in Genoa, and afterwards to be located mainly in the JOiiNT LAB in Bergamo.
Application Documents: interested applicants meeting the requirements outlined above must prepare their applications including:
- A cover letter outlining motivation and statement of research.
- A detailed CV with list of publications.
- Name and contacts of at least two referees.
The complete application documents must be submitted through the online form.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with its headquarters in Genova, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy’s technological competitiveness. The institute offers state-of-the-art equipment and a top-level interdisciplinary research environment focused on robotics and computer vision, neuroscience, drug discovery, nanoscience and technology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
We inform you that the data you provide will be processed for the sole purpose of evaluating professional profiles and selecting them according to the needs of the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia. Your data will be processed by the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genova, Via Morego, 30, as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security. We also inform you that, pursuant to article 15 and following articles of EU Regulation 2016/679 (“General Data Protection Regulation”), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (telephone 010 28961 – email: dpo[at]iit.it)
Jan 28, 2021, 10:56:52 AM