The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C2DH) is a research centre for the study, analysis and public dissemination of contemporary history of Luxembourg and Europe with a particular focus on digital methods and tools for doing innovative historical research. It serves as a catalyst for innovative and creative scholarship and new forms of public dissemination and societal engagement with history.
Participate in the conception and realization of a virtual exhibition on the History of Luxembourg during the Second World War.
- an interesting position within an international research centre;
- dynamic and multicultural research environment.
What we expect from you…
- PhD in Contemporary History or Cultural Studies with a focus on the History of the Second World War;
- Very good track record of publications in the field of the History of the Second World War and Digital History;
- Participation in collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects;
- Interest in digital methods and in transmedia storytelling;
- Active knowledge of French, English and German.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Employee status
- Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
- Job Reference: UOL04460
How to apply…
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a list of publications;
- a motivation letter.
We encourage early application. To ensure full consideration, candidates should apply by 15 November 2021.
Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
For further information, please contact: Christoph Brüll (Christoph.Brull@uni.lu).
For more information about C2DH, please visit: www.c2dh.uni.lu.