Job ID: 29415
Updated: July 19, 2023
Location: Main Campus
We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta. The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III.
The Department of Psychology in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Calgary is accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Scholar in Aging Brain Health. This Postdoctoral Scholar will be supervised by Dr. Brandy Callahan, Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology and full member of the Hotchkiss Brain Institute. The successful applicant will be expected to apply for external fellowships, including the E. Marie and R. Garey Cameron Postdoctoral Fellowship in Dementia.
This Postdoctoral Scholar will be working with Dr. Brandy Callahan and collaborators on a project investigating pathways driving dementia risk in adults with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). This project will involve analysis of cognitive, physiological and neuroimaging markers of brain health.
• PhD in Psychology (or related discipline) must have been awarded within the last 5 years
• Expertise in clinical research related to brain aging
• A strong background in quantitative data analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated productivity for peer-reviewed publications
The following would be considered an asset:
• Knowledge and experience analyzing neuroimaging data and/or biosamples
• Experience working with older adults (with or without cognitive impairment)
• Experience mentoring undergraduate and graduate students
Interested candidates should e-mail Dr. Brandy Callahan (email@example.com). Please include:
• A cover letter outlining relevant qualifications, research experience, and career goals
• A curriculum vitae
• Samples of three related peer-reviewed publications
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.