KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The post doctoral position aims at conducting state of the art research in the area of Graph Neural networks with applications to different areas including NLP, Social Net, Biomedical domain etc.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (with some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sickness or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume), in the area of Deep Learning methods with applications to Graphs or NLP or images or sequences/timeseries.
The candidate should have a record of publications in international conferences (AISTATS, AAAI, IJCAI, KDD, NIPS, EMNLP, ACL etc.) and/or journals (i.e. JMLR, Neural Networks, DMKD, IEEE TKDE) of the area.
- Research expertise
- Educational ability
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages
- Brief motivation letter of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max one page long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH’s work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment
|Temporary position longer than 6 months
|First day of employment
|According to agreement
|Number of positions
|Michail Vazirgiannis, firstname.lastname@example.orgAnna Olanås Jansson, email@example.com
|Last application date
|01.Nov.2021 11:59 PM CET