Combine your scientific interest and technical skills in the field of electrical engineering to create new knowledge for the socially and scientifically relevant areas of information, energy and bioeconomy. We offer you all of this at the Central Institute of Engineering, Electronics and Analytics – Electronic Systems (ZEA-2) with modelling, designing and developing the most innovative system solutions for science and society.
Quantum computing harnesses quantum mechanics phenomena to attain exponential leaps in computing to overcome the limitations of classical super computers of today. Similar to the bits used in classical computers, quantum bits or qubits form the heart for quantum computers. At ZEA-2, we are engineering every aspect of qubit operation ranging from control over calibration to readout using highly integrated CMOS circuits operating at cryogenic temperatures. Since the affordable power consumption at these cryogenic temperatures is in the mW-range, the operation of the qubits need highly efficient power supplies different from traditional LDOs while maintaining excellent noise properties. This should be realized by novel digitally enhanced power management circuits.
Investigate the feasibility of various digital or mixed signal power management circuits and systems for operation under cryogenic temperatures at highest efficiency and implement the same in a state-of-the-art, modern and commercial CMOS technology.
- Develop digital management system model in Matlab/Simulink
- Design of digital blocks in HDL (Verilog/VHDL)
- Design of analog blocks (comparators, amplifiers etc.) in Cadence Virtuoso
- Functional simulation using Cadence AMS (Analog Mixed Signal) environment
- Analog custom layout and digital physical design
- Documentation and presentations
- Enrolled in a M.Sc. course or equivalent for electrical engineering, physics or similar fields
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink (MathWorks)
- Basic knowledge on HDL scripting (VHDL/Verilog)
- Basic knowledge of analog circuit design
- Good skills in English and/or German
- Independent and analytical way of working
- Versatile, highly motivated working group of International character within one of the largest research centers in Europe
- Excellent scientific and technical infrastructure
- Certain flexibility to work in home office
- Intensive supervision of the work
- Attractive remuneration
- Opportunity in shaping future quantum computing hardware
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women.
Did we raise your attention and you got curious?
We are looking forward for your application.
For further information please contact:
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Central Institute of Engineering, Electronics and Analytics
ZEA-2 – Electronic Systems