Projects: INAIL BRISK – CONCERT
Commitment & contract: 12 months, fixed-term contract
Location: IIT Center for Robotics and Intelligent Machines, Genova, Via San Quirico 19D
WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centers around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You’d be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group, where biomedical, mechanical, automation and electrical engineers, computational scientists and computer technician collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out common research.
The Human-Robot Interfaces and physical Interactions Research line is coordinated by Dr. Arash Ajoudani, who has extensive experience in physical human-robot interaction, mobile manipulation, robust and adaptive control, assistive robotics, and tele-robotics.
The research focuses on the development and implementation of novel algorithms for intelligent and adaptive control of collaborative robots in response to human dynamic stares.
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- theoretical and hands-on research,
- contribution to the lab projects,
- preparation of grants and support of the general activities of the lab.
This open position/research is financed by INAIL within the BRISK project (Agreement ID 48) and by the EC within the CONCERT project (GA n. 101016007).
- MSc degree with a strong background in one or multiple of the following topics: collaborative robot planning and control, physical human-robot interaction, and human/humanoids modeling.
- Strong skills on C++ and Python
- Experience with ROS
- Confidence with version control tools (specifically git)
- A strong publication record
- The ability to properly report, organize and publish research data
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Spirit of innovation and creativity
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary package for international standards
- Wide range of staff discount
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?
- An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
- We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
- If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation!
- If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
- If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
- We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form and including a detailed CV with list of publications, cover letter (outlining motivation, statement of research, experience and qualifications) and contact details of 2 references.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 – email: email@example.com ).
Human-Robot Interfaces and Physical Interaction
Sep 16, 2021, 2:31:00 PM