Commitment & contract: Fixed term 1-year contract with renewal option
Location: IIT – Center for Robotics and Intelligent Systems, Via S. Quirico, 19d, 16163 Genova GE.
WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centres around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You’d be working within the Humanoid & Human Centred Mechatronics Research Line at the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group with strong expertise in robot design, modelling and control of new mechatronics components. The Humanoid & Human Centred Mechatronics Research Line is coordinated by Nikos Tsagarakis, who has extensive experience in Robotics and Mechatronics. The research concentrates on robot design exploring state of art design approaches (structural, actuation and transmission systems) combined with advancements in control including whole body loco-manipulation generation, balancing regulation and teleoperation control.
is seeking to appoint a full-time Junior Mechatronic/Assembly Engineer that will have a key research role on the area of electromechanical assembly and testing of customized robotic platforms. We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Junior Mechatronic/Assembly Engineer with interests in building and troubleshooting of robotic and mechanical systems. Specific responsibilities of the job would include the following:
We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Junior Mechatronic/Assembly Engineer with interests in building and troubleshooting of robotic and mechanical systems. Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Assembly of new robot mechanical components.
- Inspection and evaluation of mechanical hardware issues.
- Integration of mechanical and electronic components to fully assemble novel customized robot prototypes.
- Electromechanical maintenance and troubleshooting of robot prototypes.
- Operation of 3D printing machines and standard workshop equipment and tools.
- Interaction with mechanical workshops and evaluate manufacturers and suppliers for the fabrication of nonstandard parts.
- Maintenance of mechanical workshop tools and components.
The selected candidate will be in charge of the development upgrade and maintenance of robotic systems within the Humanoid and Human Centered Mechatronics Research line for a range of state of the art robot platforms including COMAN, WALK-MAN, CENTAURO and human centered systems such as wearable power augmentation and teleoperation Master devices.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU SHINE
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Excellent hands-on skills in the assembly of electromechanical parts.
- Good experience in interacting with mechanical workshop personnel as well as in operating standard workshop machinery.
- Good experience in understanding and working with technical mechanical drawings.
- Any knowledge of CAD software tools is welcome and will be a plus.
- Experience in using standard electronics/electrical equipment
- Strong problem solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
- Good communication skills in English
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The position is open for immediate starting.
- The successful candidate will be offered a contract with a competitive salary which will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Private health care coverage
- Flexible working time
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?
- An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
- We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
- If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation!
- If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
- If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
- We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form and including a detailed CV, a cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications) and any documents demonstrating previous relevant working experience.
Application’s deadline: The position is Open until filled.
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
GENOVA S. QUIRICO
Humanoids & Human Centered Mechatronics
Jul 5, 2021, 10:34:30 AM