Project: Epigenetics of sleep and circadian clock
Commitment & contract: 2-years post-doctoral position (renewable)
Location: IIT Headquarter, via Morego 30, 16163 Genova
WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centers around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
Genetics and Epigenetics of Behavior Research Line
You will be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group, where biologists, geneticists, behavioral and computational neuroscientists collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out common research.
The Genetics and Epigenetics of Behavior Research line is coordinated by Dr. Valter Tucci, who has extensive experience in sleep, circadian clock and epigenetics.
The research focuses on understanding the role of a novel epigenetic mechanism, namely genomic imprinting, in the regulation of sleep and sleep-dependent behaviors. This includes the use of in vitro and in vivo experimental systems to understand fundamental subcellular regulatory processes that contribute to organization of mammalian sleep phenomena.
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- To design and conduct experiments related to the main topic of the lab
- To supervise PhD students and/or undergraduates
- To write scientific articles and to present your research at international conferences
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU SHINE
- A PhD in Biotechnology, Biology or related areas, including in particular experience in neuroscience and/or epigenetics, and similar disciplines
- Documented experience on molecular biology or cellular biology
- A strong publication record
- The ability to properly report, organize and publish research data
- Documented experience in coaching junior scientists
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Experience on genetics or bioinformatics
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Spirit of innovation and creativity
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary package for international standards
- Private health care coverage
- Wide range of staff discounts
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?
- An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
- We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
- If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation!
- If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
- If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
- We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form including a detailed CV, university transcripts, a cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications) and contact details of 2 references.
For informal enquiries, please contact Dr Valter Tucci (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application’s deadline: November 15, 2021.
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 – email: email@example.com ).
Genetics and Epigenetics of Behavior
Sep 24, 2021, 1:07:40 PM