Dean of the Faculty of Education Masaryk University is announced in accordance with § 77 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll. the tender for a position of Assistant professor for the Department of Special and Inclusive Education with a focus on Speech therapy of the studying programmes Special education and Speech therapy
Department of Special and Inclusive Education, Faculty of Education, Masaryk University prepares students to be qualified in the field of special education and intervention of children and adults with special educational needs in schools and medical service, social service and in the institutions of Ministry of Justice. Department of Special education cooperates for a long time with foreign universities in the field of teaching and research.
More information available: Katedra speciální a inkluzivní pedagogiky | Pedagogické fakulty Masarykovy univerzity (muni.cz)
Assistant professor´s work is aimed on these activities:
- participation in conduction of seminars, teaching practice and other forms of pedagogical activities in studying programmes Special education,
- professor assistant is the member of the final state exam commission, is active as supervisor/ consultant of the final thesis of students,
- actively participates in cooperation with partner foreign universities in research and teaching,
- develops the field of science of special education, performs scientific and research tasks, including publications in professional and scientific journals of domestic and foreign countries, co-participation in research projects and tasks of the workplace team,
- participates in the department’s activities related to its development and promotion,
- participates in expert activities in conceptual and scientific research tasks,
- prepares for habilitation procedure – fulfilment of the conditions for appointment as an associate professor,
- participates in other activities of the department related to pedagogical and scientific research processes.
Professional education, qualifications: (condition)
- Higher education in the field of special education (focus on Special Education, Speech therapy/ Education of individuals with hearing disability
- completed doctoral degree programme in one of the above areas,
- ability to teach in Czech,
- experience of teaching at a primary school (advantage),
- experience in the practice of Speech therapy,
- experience of working with the target group,
- active knowledge of the English language (minimum level B2),
- the desire to continue to learn in the field of special and inclusive pedagogy.
Expertise and skills
- Knowledge of MS office (word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), data and information management, ability to work with digital technologies (MS Teams, ZOOM, etc.),
- flexibility and willingness to participate in the development of quality undergraduate training of students,
- teamwork skills, ability to work independently, responsibility,
- experience in research and publications (advantage);
- good organisational and communication skills, proactivity,
- ability to actively participate in science and research projects.
Please send motivational letter with a CV, certification of education (without a notarial verification) and overview of professional activity till 18.11.2021 in the e-application form