The Research Scholar will design and direct independent research projects at the Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering (RCHE). Working independently or in collaboration with Purdue faculty affiliated with the RCHE to develop protocols for new procedures in accordance with research goals. This position will report directly to the Director of RCHE and in a matrix relationship with the outreach team at Purdue Healthcare Advisors, the Rosen Center for Advanced Computing, and other faculty and partners to achieve research goals. The Research Scholar will be working closely with key community stakeholders and collaborating with academic interdisciplinary teams of scientists and clinicians to lead and support research. Implementation and coordination of research plans, establishing evaluation and measurement goals, and evaluating the progress of research projects to assure timely delivery of complex work on schedule. Formulating ideas and concepts for writing and submitting grant proposals will be essential to success. A key responsibility is to disseminate the work through presentations at professional meetings and conferences and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ph.D. in Life and/or Physical Sciences
- Two years of relevant experience in research
- Scientific writing with publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Subject matter expert with limited oversight
- Ability to manage large and complex research projects
- Implementation and organization for timely delivery
- Collaboration with diverse audiences within the academic and community setting
- Excellent communication with extensive podium presentations at scientific meetings
- Executive and consultation experience
- Academic and teaching skills with successful student work
- Ability to model complex data visually from disparate sources and communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Established track record of successful and scholarly research in an academic and community-based setting with more than ten years of experience
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines.
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions immediately
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, are encouraged to apply.