As an assistant professor, you will work in the Elastomer Technology Group being part of the [Department Mechanics of Solids Surfaces and Systems}(https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/ms3/) (MS3), Faculty of Engineering Technology. Your role will be to participate in teaching and support and develop the education of mechanics and materials courses for the BSc and MSc programs Mechanical Engineering and as such you will be engaged in educational development and innovation projects of the faculty.
The research-oriented part of this position will take place in the field of rubber. Within this frame, you will supervise students working in rubber-related projects. You can bring in your own ideas of rubber research, building up a rubber network and heading for new projects.
In time, you will have the opportunity to further develop your career and grow into the role of an Associate Professor. All your work will take place on the beautiful, green campus in Enschede / Twente.
- A PhD degree with a background in Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience in Rubber Technology
- Experience in education in an academic setting, not limited to lecturing only, but including – preferably leading – education development tasks;
- Affinity for collaboration with the Dutch, European and worldwide rubber and rubber-related industry
- Very good communication skills and an excellent command of English
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A full-time position (32 hours is also possible) for 1 year, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- A gross salary by full time employment between € 3.974,- and € 5.439,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications;
- a 30% tax ruling option;
- solid pension scheme;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, lecturers, educationalists, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please submit your application until August 7th, 2022, by using the “Apply now” button.
Applications should at least include:
- A cover letter of at most 1 page A4, explaining specific interests, the motivation for the application, and why you qualify for this position.
- A full Curriculum Vitae.
Women are explicitly asked to apply.