In recent years a low-cost and fully recyclable thermoplastic material has been produced from liquefied lignocellulosic biomass. Promising first results have been acquired, employing the material both as a thermoplastic and as (part of) a bio-composite, paving the way to a more in-depth analyses of the material and the relation between process, structure and material properties.
This work will involve experimental activities covering a variety of aspects related to the physicochemical characterization and processing of the novel bio-based thermoplastic material aiming for its successful application towards a fully recyclable coating or bio-composite with optimal mechanical properties. In this 4-year project you will have the opportunity to develop your PhD in the field of Bio-based materials, working in creative and experienced research groups with extensive experience in practical research and access to unique experimental infrastructure.
For this position we are searching for an ambitious candidate with a Master’s Degree in Polymer Engineering. A solid background in polymer chemistry and engineering is essential.
- You have a Master’s degree in Polymer Engineering
- You have excellent research skills, eager to learn and improve
- You have hands-on experience with experimental laboratory systems
- You are curious, creative and can work independently
- You are a team player and you thrive in a collaborative environment
- You posses strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in English is required, both spoken and written. You need to provide IELTS test results (minimum score 6.5) or TOEFL-iBT (minimum score 90). The latter is not necessary for native speakers of English or whose MSc program was in English.
- You will be appointed on a fulltime position for four years.
- The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in a stimulating scientific environment.
- The PhD salary is € 2.541,- in the first year and increases to € 3.247,- in the fourth year.
- The offer further involves: a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%, a solid pension scheme, a minimum of 29 holidays, and numerous professional and personal development programmes.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Your reaction should include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation, a detailed CV, an academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education and proof of IELTS or TOEFL score (if necessary). In addition, we ask for contact information of 2 references. An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure. Please submit your application before 15-8-2022 via the provided button below.
For more information about the position, contact dr.ir. Martin van Drongelen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dr. M. Pilar Ruiz (email@example.com)