At the University of Twente, we developed world’s fastest technique for accurately simulating the propagation of light, sound, and other waves. In this 18-month project, you will further develop this technique into a professional software product that may be commercialized. Technical challenges include rewriting the code to partition the computations over a large number of cloud-based GPU systems, as well as integration with existing tools and packages.
For this position we are searching for an excellent programmer with a MSc or PhD degree. Experience in the following topics is preferred:
- Collaborative software development
- Cloud computing
- Writing software for scientific computing
- Developing production-quality software
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific and educational environment with an attractive campus and plenty of facilities for sports and leisure. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- A temporary fulltime position for 18 months;
- Starting salary from € 2.960,- to € 4.670,- (scale 10) gross per month, based on education and relevant work experience.
- Holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- A solid pension scheme
- The 30% ruling might be applicable, which can result in max 30% of the gross salary as a tax-free cost allowance
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Your reaction should include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation, a detailed CV, and names/contact information of 3 or more references to email@example.com. Include in your application a specific motivation why you are interested in this project. If possible, include links to repositories of projects you have worked on previously.
Please apply via the button below.