In this job
Joining us on a 6-12 month contract, we are excited to offer a brand new Project Administrator role within the ELIXIR Hub in Hinxton, Cambridgeshire.
What we do
ELIXIR is an intergovernmental organisation that brings together life science resources from across Europe. These resources include databases, software tools, training materials, cloud storage and supercomputers.
The goal of ELIXIR is to coordinate these resources so that they form a single infrastructure.This infrastructure makes it easier for scientists to find and share data, exchange expertise, and agree on best practices. Ultimately, it will help them gain new insights into how living organisms work.
Joining a team of 8 within the Project Management Office, you’ll support one of the ELIXIR Project Managers working on the exciting Genomic Data Infrastructure (GDI) Project.
The GDI project brings together experts in life science, medicine, computer science, ethics and law from 54 project partners across 20 countries and two infrastructure organisations. Currently in it’s early stages, this influential project will support improved clinical diagnostics, treatments and predictive medicine for European Citizens.
As a Project Administrator you will:
- Organise scheduling, organisation and delivery of physical and virtual meetings
- Manage and distribute meeting agendas
- Support the Project Manager and ELIXIR Events team by planning and finalising the requirements for project related events
- Managing project administration tasks
- Utilise your written and verbal communication skills liaising with wider members of the ELIXIR Hub and Nodes, the project consortium members and other external stakeholders
- Represent ELIXIR, as appropriate, in interactions with internal and external stakeholders such as the European Commission and projects consortium members
- Contribute to the management and delivery of other/additional ELIXIR Hub projects and tasks
- Utilise your knowledge of Google Suite to complete a varied range of project administrative tasks, as required
Closing date: 24 September 2023
- Contract duration: 6-12 months
- Grading: Grade 3 – monthly salary starting at £2,648 (tax free)
- Reference number: EX00051
- Previous experience gained in a project administration role
- Solid knowledge of Google Suite (Shared Drives, Sheets, Docs, Slides) and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
- The ability to work independently with a ‘can do’ positive and proactive attitude
- The ability to start at short notice – we are ideally looking for a start date sometime in October 2023.
You might also have
- Active certification in Project Management e.g. PMP, PM2
- Experience working with EC/IHI project management processes
- The ability to communicate at a professional level in a second European language
Why join us
Do something meaningfulELIXIR unites Europe’s leading life science organisations in managing and safeguarding the increasing volume of data being generated by publicly funded research. It coordinates, integrates and sustains bioinformatics resources across its member states and enables users in academia and industry to access services that are vital for their research.
The ELIXIR Hub has a strong organisational culture which is defined by our core values. To ensure a good fit with our team, we look to recruit candidates who share our five values:
- We work to benefit everyone
- We are trusted
- We work with a spirit of openness
- We strive for excellence
- We work in an environment of respect
Enjoy lots of benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous time off: 30 days annual leave per year, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Campus life: Free shuttle bus to and from work, on-site library, subsidised on-site gym and cafeteria, casual dress code, extensive sports and social club activities (on campus and remotely)
- Family benefits: On-site nursery, 10 days of child sick leave, generous parental leave, and holiday clubs on campus
Join our diverse team and help power the next generation of discoveries in the life sciences.
What else you need to know
- Salary: From £2,648 per month (tax free)
- Contract Type: Supernumerary. The salary stated is exempt from UK income tax but applicants will be required to pay National Insurance Contributions
- Contract Duration: This position is a 6-12 month absence cover, based on the candidates availability. We will also be hiring a grade 4 Project Officer role on a renewable staff member contract. Applicants for this role are also invited to apply for this role once the position goes live.
- Diversity and inclusion: At ELIXIR, we strongly believe that inclusive and diverse teams benefit from higher levels of innovation and creative thought. We encourage applications from women, LGBTQ+ and individuals from all nationalities.