School/department: Engineering and Informatics
Hours: 0.33 FTE/ 12 hours per week. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Salary: starting at £37,099 to £44,263 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 29 August 2023
Closing date: 18 September 2023. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: 25th September, 2023
The Artificial Intelligence Research Group at the University of Sussex wishes to appoint a Research Fellow to work with members of the Natural Language Processing group within the Department of Informatics and the Sussex Humanities Lab
- To support new interdisciplinary collaborations involving researchers in the social sciences and humanities.
- A strong background in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Extensive experience in collaborating with social scientists and/or humanities researchers on interdisciplinary projects involving the application of NLP methods
- Demonstrable experience in python programming and knowledge of various libraries used by the community e.g., pytorch, tensorflow and huggingface
- Substantial experience in the use of data visualization tools such as Tableau and Google Data Studio
Applications should be accompanied by a full CV.
Please contact Professor David Weir, email@example.com for informal enquiries.
The University is committed to equality and valuing diversity, and applications are particularly welcomed from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics (STEMM) at Sussex.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
This role has been assigned an eligible SOC code and meets the salary requirements for Skilled Worker Sponsorship if full time. Please consult our Skilled Worker Visa information page for further information about Visa Sponsorship.
How to apply
Download our academic application form [DOC 199.50KB] and Personal Details and Equal Opportunities Form [DOCX 65.11KB] and fill in all sections.
Email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.